Tuesday 12 October 2010

Scrummy Local Lunch in the Sun


Well I know this must sound terrible that I'm about to brag about my own creation but  I did enjoy the Autumnal sunshine yesterday afternoon sat outside eating my lunch of Fresh sliced Ham from Woburn Country Foods of Haynes West End in Bedfordshire, a nice chunk of Tomato and Rosemary Foccacia from Redbornebury Mill, a generous nobble of Wobbly Bottoms Soft Goats Cheese with Sweet Peppers and not forgetting some of my finest Bedfordshire Pickled Shallots and the end of season favourite Green Tomato Chutney. I must admit though my ploughmans with a difference was simply superb and I felt rather guilty not saving any for my poor hubby who I know would have enjoyed it no end!

Still that 15 minute break while I savoured all the great tastes of some very locally sourced products, didn't stop my mind whirring about all the apple based goodies I could make for Apple Day this Saturday at Luton Hoo and Broham Mill on Sunday where we have a stall.

Better keep this short otherwise you'll all think I live a life of leisure eating scrummy lunches then faffing on the computer.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds absolutely delish & yes I'm incredibly jealous, what a wonderful producer you are :o) Nice little blogette!

    ReplyDelete